1) Set a realistic budget for the summertime. Anticipate which trips and activities your family plans to do, and calculate your costs for gas, hotels, food, shopping and excursions.
2) Take advantage of travel specials for airfare, hotel rooms and rental cars on sites you trust, such as Expedia.com and Travelocity. Book reservations early.
3) If possible, avoid travelling during peak days and times (peak usually means more expensive). Peak days are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
4) Do your research to find out what activities are available in the location you plan to visit. Better yet, find out from the local visitor’s bureau what they recommend doing while enjoying their location on a budget.
5) If you have examined your budget and travel isn’t in the cards this summer, find inexpensive and fun things to do this summer where you live. Explore the local parks, camp out in your backyard, see new exhibits at your art or history museum, or create a round-robin BBQ group and try out your friends’ best recipes. Take “Day-trips” to neighboring locales.
Regardless of your plans this summer, your budget can thrive with a touch of creativity and a healthy dose of research.
Remember when you go on vacation that you can schedule your payment or make your payment before you go. To schedule a payment, login to mohela.com. Under Payment Assistance, click Pay Online. Then choose the Bill Due Date you want to schedule. You can choose to pay your current amount due or another payment amount, the payment processing date and the payment account.